Skip to Content

Santa Barbara Humane provides tips on what to do when pets get lost


SANTA MARIA, Calif. – The Santa Barbara Humane has tips for pet owners on what to do when their fur friend gets lost or run away from home.

The non-profit organization said the first thing to do is report a pet missing to the Santa Barbara County Animal Control.

"They have a form online that you can file a lost pet report or you can call the shelter nearest you," said Dori Villalon, Santa Barbara Humane Chief Operating Officer.

Click here for the online lost animal request form.

Villalon also mentioned ways to avoid having a pet running away. One way is to getting your pet licensed.

"So dogs four months and older in Santa Barbara County should be wearing a current dog license," said Villalon. "It supports the county's services to help find lost and found pets. So get your pet licensed."

For more information, visit:

For more from Karen, follow her on Twitter below:

Article Topic Follows: Santa Maria - Lompoc - North County
Author Profile Photo

Karen Cruz-Orduña

Karen Cruz-Orduña is a reporter for News Channel 3-12. To learn more about Karen, click here.


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content