SANTA BARBARA. Calif. - The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department issued a new order on Wednesday allowing more businesses to reopen on Friday, June 12 under certain conditions. The order by Health Officer Henning Ansorg, M.D will remain in effective through June 30, 2020 or until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing, according to a Health Department press release.
The businesses will be allowed to open this Friday morning if the business has been modified to comply with safety rules including physical distancing and the owner must complete the county's attestation process. The businesses that may reopen under these guidelines include:
- Family Entertainment Centers
- Hotels, Lodging, and Short-Term Rentals for Tourism or Individual Travel
- Childcare Programs and Providers
- Zoos, Aquariums, and Museums
- Campgrounds, RVs, and Outdoor Recreation
- Cardrooms, Satellite Wagering Facilities, and Racetracks
- Music, Film, and TV Production
- Professional Sports
- Gyms and Fitness Center
- Restaurants, Wineries, and Bars
- Day Camps
- Schools and School-Based Programs
- Higher Education
Business owners can find resources, information, and the process to complete the attestation at https://recoverysbc.org/.