Skip to Content

SLO Fire Department quickly extinguishes motel fire

Laundry Room Fire
SLO City Fire
Crews quickly put out the fire Friday morning.
Laundry room fire
SLO City Fire
Crews quickly put out the flames Friday morning.

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - The San Luis Obispo Fire Department quickly put out a fire in a motel laundry room.

Crews were dispatched to University Inn on Monterey Street around 10:45 a.m. Friday morning.

When crews got on scene, they saw smoke coming from the first-floor laundry room.

Crews quickly put out the flames and contained it to the room.

The motel was evacuated while crews put out the fire.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters are reminding people to properly maintain dryers by cleaning out lint buildup.

Article Topic Follows: Safety
san luis obispo
SLo Fire
university inn

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content