Skip to Content
Fire

Fridge fire spreads to kitchen in Goleta home

fridge fire goleta 050121 1
Mike Eliason
fridge fire goleta 050121 2
Mike Eliason
fridge fire goleta 050121 3
Mike Eliason

GOLETA, Calif. - A refrigerator caught fire, spreading flames and smoke into the kitchen of a Goleta home on Saturday.

The fire was reported around 11:25 a.m. on the 100 block of Brandon Drive.

Santa Barbara County Fire crews responded and found the back of the fridge had caught fire. The smoke caused major damage throughout the kitchen area.

(Photo: Mike Eliason)


One man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene but was not transported to the hospital.

Another three adults were able to escape the home without injuries.

Santa Barbara - South County
Author Profile Photo

Jessica Brest

Jessica Brest is a digital journalist and assignment editor for NewsChannel 3-12. To learn more about Jessica, click here.

Skip to content