For 50 years, each Thanksgiving, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® has invited guests to gather around its table so they can spend less time in the kitchen and more time together with their loved ones. Since the first Cracker Barrel store was opened in 1969, every Cracker Barrel store has been open on Thanksgiving.
Today, that legacy of welcoming guests home to a simpler time and place on this special holiday continues, as Thanksgiving is the busiest day for the iconic destination known for Southern homestyle cooking, warm hospitality, and unique retail offerings.
- Refrigerator space is a must. Clear out condiments and beverages creating cluttered space by moving them to a cooler filled with ice packs.
- Put your thermos to good use. Store your freshly hot gravy in a thermos and transfer to a gravy boat just before serving.
- Pre-chop everything. Wash and cut-up your veggies the day before and store in Tupperware until ready to use.
- Or our favorite…outsource! Let the experts do the cooking.
- Clean as you go. Clean pots and pans while you’re cooking to avoid mass build-up. Or, recruit a cleaning partner to help you to save double the time.
- Let the dishwasher do its job! Don’t spend time pre-soaking dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Just quickly rinse and place on the rack.
- More the merrier. Turn on some music and put the whole household to work (e.g., guests can clear their plate, take out the trash, begin storing leftovers, etc.).