SOLVANG, Calif.– Los Padres National Forest announced its lifting fire restrictions allowing campfires and charcoal barbecues in the forest.
Despite restrictions easing due to sufficient moisture in the area the following still remain in effect:
- Spark arresters are required on all off-highway vehicles, chainsaws, and other internal combustion engines and equipment.
- A permit is required for all welding, grinding, cutting, or use of explosives.
- Tracer ammunition is prohibited at all times.
- Fireworks are always prohibited in Los Padres National Forest.
- Recreational target shooting is prohibited in all areas of Los Padres National Forest except for the Winchester Canyon Gun Club and the Ojai Valley Gun Club that operate under special use permits.
- Campfires are always prohibited on National Forest System lands in the Santa Barbara Front Country from Gaviota to the Santa Barbara/Ventura County line.