ATASCADERO, Calif.– One man was found dead in the 6300 block of Morro Road from an overdose around 5 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to the Atascadero Police Department.
Atascadero Police officers responded to calls of an unresponsive man on the street. Atascadero medical personnel attempted life-saving measures when they arrived on the scene, but were unsuccessful.
APD has ruled it as an overdose and suspects no foul play or circumstances. Those in the community suffering from addiction or who want to aid community members who are possibly overdosing can access free and confidential Narcan at the following locations in SLO county.
- SLO Bangers Syringe Exchange Program
- Call 805-458-0123
- Dignity Health Emergency Departments
- CAPSLO The Center for Health and Prevention
- San Luis Obispo- 705 Grand Avenue, 805-544-2478
- Arroyo Grande- 1152 Grand Avenue, 805-489-4026
- Cal Poly Campus Health and Wellbeing (limited to current Cal Poly students, staff, and faculty)
- Contact email@example.com
The identity of the man remains unknown at this time.