ARROYO GRANDE, Calif.–The South County Regional Center in Arroyo Grande will serve as a temporary overnight warming center Monday for those who need a warm-housed location as temperatures drop below 38 degrees.
Operated by the 5Cities Homeless Coalition individuals spending the night will receive a hot meal. The shelter welcomes families and individuals but asks guests not to arrive before 5:30 p.m. and come no later than 8:00 p.m.
No re-entry is permitted in the shelter once one arrives and chooses to leave. Guests don't have to be sober, but alcohol and other substances aren't allowed into the warming center.
5Cities Homeless Coalition offers the following transportation system.
Transportation will be provided by 5CHC:
- Pickup at Oceano duck pond at 5:15PM
- Pickup at Ramona Park at 5:25 PM
- Pickup at Fin’s Restaurant at 5:35 PM
- Pickup at St. Anthony’s at 5:45 PM
- Pickup at the Outlet bus stop at 5:55 PM
- Drop off at South County Regional Center 6:15 PM
On Friday morning:
- Pickup at South County Regional Center at 7:00 AM
- Drop off at the outlet bus stop
- Drop off at St. Anthony’s
- Drop off at Fin’s Restaurant
- Drop off at Ramona Park
- Drop off at Oceano Duck Pond