ARROYO GRANDE, Calif. – The South County Regional Center at 800 West Branch St. will open as a South County Warming Center on the evenings of Dec.10 and Dec. 11.
Participants are asked to not arrive at the center before 5:30 p.m. and arrive no later than 8:00 p.m. The center will close by 7:00 a.m. the next morning.
Sleeping cots and bedding will be provided as available, but the facility does not accept any pets.
Sobriety is not a condition for entry, but drugs and/or alcohol are not permitted on site. Once at the shelter, guests will not be permitted to re-enter if they choose to leave. Meals and services are provided for overnight guests only.
The following is the transportation schedule:
- Pickup at Oceano duck pond at 5:15PM
- Pickup at Ramona Park at 5:25 PM
- Pickup at Fin’s Restaurant at 5:35 PM
- Pickup at St. Anthony’s at 5:45 PM
- Pickup at the Outlet bus stop at 5:55 PM
- Drop off at South County Regional Center 6:15 PM
On Friday morning:
- Pickup at South County Regional Center at 7:00 AM
- Drop off at the outlet bus stop
- Drop off at St. Anthony’s
- Drop off at Fin’s Restaurant
- Drop off at Ramona Park
- Drop off at Oceano Duck Pond
If you are interested in volunteering or donating materials contact Charmain Navarette the Warming Center Lead, at 805-295-1501 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers must be at least 18 or older.