Skip to Content

Family rescued from roof of burning home


Click here for updates on this story

    GIRARDVILLE, Pennsylvania (WNEP ) — A family of four had to be rescued from the roof of their burning home Friday morning in Schuylkill County.

Video from Skook News shows the smokey fire along West Main Street in Girardville.

Good samaritans and firefighters rescued two kids and their father and mother who were trapped on the roof.

The father and mother were taken to the hospital for breathing in too much smoke.

Both children were flown to a hospital and all are expected to be ok.

The fire chief tells us the fire was accidental and caused by a space heater.

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: National/World

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content