VENTURA, Calif. -- United Way of Ventura County helped prepare over 70 free tax returns for Mega Tax Day in Ventura.
The event is through their Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.
Volunteers assisted individuals and families from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cal Lutheran's Oxnard Campus.
They even introduced their new Young Child Tax Credit.
Through the Young Child Tax Credit, eligible families can qualify to receive an extra $1,000 in their pocket.
The program will continue to nine other locations until May 2.
Appointments are available by calling 211.
The following will be locations of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program:
- America's Job Center – East County, 2900 N. Madera Road, #100, Simi Valley
- America's Job Center – Oxnard, 2901 N. Ventura Road, 3rd floor, Oxnard
- Cal Lutheran University – Oxnard Campus, 2201 Outlet Center Drive, #600, Oxnard
- Oxnard College – Room OE2, 4000 S. Rose Avenue, Oxnard
- City of Ventura Housing Authority, 375 E. Thompson Blvd, Ventura
- Many Mansions – Hillcrest Villas, 2726 E. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks
- Moorpark College – Technology Building, 7075 Campus Road, Moorpark
- Ventura College – Santa Paula, 957 Faulkner Road, Santa Paula
- Ventura Community Service Center, 4651 Telephone Road, #200, Ventura
For more information about United Way of Ventura County, click here.