SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The City of Santa Maria Utilities Department is offering complimentary home water conservation visits to City customers throughout the year.
During a home water visit, a Water Conservation Specialist will go to the customer's home and evaluate fixtures for opportunities to save water (and money).
- Identifying and describing the types of plumbing in the home;
- Discussing common areas for potential leaks;
- Evaluating monthly water consumption (use);
- Describing the maintenance of irrigation systems as applicable;
- Providing information about low-flow devices available to help conserve water;
- Discussing any active State or County rebates or programs, if available;
- And sharing water conservation strategies for residents.
Water conservation kits will also be distributed to residents while supplies last.
The kits include: a low-flow showerhead, faucet aerators, kitchen swivel, fill-cycle diverter, leak detection tablets, a toilet tank bank, and a flow meter bag with installation instructions.
To schedule a free home water visit, you can call the Utilities Department’s Water Conservation Specialist at (805) 925-0951 extension 7235.