GOLETA, Calif. – Want to make an impact in your local community? A vacancy is now open to be the Goleta representative to the Santa Barbara County Library Advisory Committee.
The one-year term is available for Goleta residents that are interested in the important role local libraries have in the community.
Interested? Submit an application online by 5 p.m. on Aug. 31 at www.CityofGoleta.org/BoardsCommissions.
The Santa Barbara County Library Advisory Committee reviews services and operations as well as serving in an advisory capacity for the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors.
Committee responsibilities include:
- Ensuring adequate library services to all the inhabitants of the County of Santa Barbara
- Annually reviewing the operation of the library system and Agreement
- Submitting advisory recommendations to ensure adequate service to branch libraries
- Assuring adequate exchange of information among libraries
- Determining the level of service necessary to ensure adequate library services for all the residents of the County
- Considering site locations and building programs
- Receiving notices of reductions to the level of library services and receiving citizen input regarding library-related issues and making recommendations
For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.