Junior League of Santa Barbara awards $12,000 to seven local nonprofit organizations
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Through its annual Community Assistance Funds Grant Program, the Junior League of Santa Barbara is awarding 7 local nonprofit organizations a total of $12,000.
At their virtual June 2020 Meeting, JLSB President, Val Amparan and JLSB President-Elect, Raina Palta presented the awards.
Out of 24 applicants, 7 were selected to receive JLSB’s Community Assistance Funds to support programs that improve the lives of at-risk children, youth and families in Santa Barbara County:
- Children and Family Resource Services: Welcome Every Baby
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Santa Barbara County: Sponsor A Child
- Family Care Network, Inc.: Celebration of Successes, part of the Transition Age Youth Independent Living Program
- Peoples' Self-Help Housing: Heath House Workforce Project
- Royal Family Kids of Santa Barbara: Mentoring Program Scholarship Fund
- Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation: Santa Barbara Public Library Delivers
- Storyteller Children's Center: Emergency Family Wellness
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the League was postponed their annual Gala which typically raises upwards of $100,000 towards their work and that of their community partners.
Applications for the Community Assistance Fund are accepted each year beginning in January. Prospective applicants for the 2020-21 year are encouraged to visit the JLSB Website for more information.
The Junior League of Santa Barbara is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.