SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -- The Santa Barbara Public Library an event to help local authors around the area on Friday.
The sold-out event brought a panel of local authors to talk about the craft of writing and to give insight on how to get their books into the hands of readers.
The authors answered questions about marketing, finding an agent and working with an editor.
The local authors that spoke on the panel were the following:
- Angela Borda, Santa Barbara Literary Journal
- Laure-Anne Bosselaar, These Many Rooms
- Karen Haddigan, Secret of Dating After Fifty: The Insider's Guide to Finding Love Again
- Mitchell Kriegman, Being Audrey Hepburn: A Novel
- Marcia Meier
- Aaron Shulman, The Age of Disenchantments: The Epic Story of Spain's Most Notorious Literary Family and the Long Shadow of the Spanish Civil War
- Rebecca Villareal, The Amazing Adventures of Selma Calderon: A Globetrotting Magical Mystery of Courage, Food & Friendship (Truth & Magic)
- Ellen O'Connell Whittet, What You Become in Flight
The event ended with a networking event and a local author book sale.