Skip to Content

Carbon monoxide poisoning in Margate sends 7, including 5 children, to hospital


Click here for updates on this story

    MARGATE, Florida (WSVN) — A hazmat situation unfolded in Margate as seven individuals, including five children and two adults, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning inside a residence, according to the Margate Fire Chief.

First responders arrived at a residence along the 4900 block of Southwest Fifth Court and rushed the individuals to the hospital, Thursday morning.

7News captured video footage of the patients, showcasing the arrival of the affected individuals at the hospital.

According to Margate Fire Chief, the injuries are not deemed serious; however, investigations are underway to determine the source of the carbon monoxide.

Authorities are actively working to ensure the safety of the affected individuals and the surrounding community.

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: CNN - Regional

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

CNN Newsource


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content