VENTURA, Calif. - Island Packers is resuming limited public transportation to the Channel Islands.
Island Packers is the authorized boat transportation concessionaire to Channel Islands National Park.
On June 1st, limited service resumed to Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa and Anacapa Islands.
This is offered for both day visitors and campers from Ventura Harbor Village and Oxnard Harbor with three-hour island wildlife trips and six-hour whale watching trips.
Although reservations are being accepted, transportation plans are subject to change due to current conditions.
Island Packers has revised several health and safety protocols designed to keep visitors to the Channel Islands safe and comfortable.
- Passenger loads will be under 40% capacity to better facilitate physical distancing
- All Island Packer employees will be health screened before every shift
- Passengers will be given a health inquiry before being allowed access to office or boats and must wear face coverings on vessels
- Office and boat crew will wear appropriate PPE when in contact with the public
- Check-in lines will promote physical distancing and appropriate hygiene
- Vessels will be sanitized during stops and between runs
Island Packers will follow the guidance of health officials and prioritize the safety and well-being of the public.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.islandpackers.com.