Skip to Content

Electrical overload causes fire in Ventura

fire generic

VENTURA, Calif. -- Ventura City Fire responded to a report of a structure fire with explosions on Monday afternoon in Ventura. 

Fire crews came on scene to heavy flames from a residence on the 300 block of Wall Street in Ventura. 

In their assessment, while advancing hose lines, crews determined that this was an exterior fire threatening the residence with heavy direct flame impingement. 

Crews immediately began taking out the fire and performed a victim search in the residence and outside of the fire area. 

Crews stopped the fire's progress that had damaged the interior living and attic space of the residence. 

Crews remained on scene and completed "overhaul" and investigation. 

The fire was determined to be caused by overloaded electrical equipment. 

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries reported on this incident at this time. 

Article Topic Follows: Ventura County

Jump to comments ↓

Julia Nguyen


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content