Skip to Content

Gas line break reported at Santa Barbara home

UPDATE 12:05 p.m. ( 1/8/10 )

No homes are in danger and none of the neighboring schools were evacuated said the owner of the home where the gas leak was reported.

However, the gas company says the leak may not be fixed until Wednesday.

First responders are on scene of a Santa Barbara home following a report of a gas leak Tuesday morning.

According to Santa Barbara City Fire officials, the break was reported sometime after 9:00 a.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of Mason Street in Santa Barbara. The break was caused by construction.

Firefighters are staged in the area awaiting the gas company. A few residents have been told to shelter in place, fire officials said.

The home is located near East Side Neighborhood park and about two blocks from Sunrise Montessori and Franklin Elementary schools. Neither school is impacted by what fire officials call a ‘minor leak.’

It is unclear if anyone was evacuated.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content