Hotel guests were evacuated from their rooms early Wednesday morning after fire broke out at The Landsby on Mission Drive in Solvang.
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department says it responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at the hotel at about 5:30 a.m.
First firefighters on scene found smoke coming from the back of the hotel in a wall near the kitchen and above the basement.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department was called in to evacuate all of the hotel guests as a safety precaution.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in about 20 minutes.
The guests were allowed back in their rooms at about 6:15 a.m.
No one was hurt.
Firefighters remained on scene for more than an hour making sure there was no spread of the fire to the subfloor area at the back of the hotel.
A County Fire investigator will determine where and how the fire started.
No word yet on the cost of damages to the hotel.