A fire at an Oxnard bakery caused dozens of employees to evacuate Wednesday morning.
Multiple agencies were called out to the Wholesome Harvest Bakery at 2701 Statham Boulevard at about 7 a.m.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they noticed an ammonia leak and called extra resources. Officials said the leak was relatively small but complicated firefighting efforts.
The fire started in a two-story refrigeration unit at the bakery, according to investigators.
“Some of the slag from the welding may have caught some combustibles,” said Oxnard Fire Department Assistant Chief Alex Hamilton.
All employees were able to evacuate safely. Fire crews are expected to the on scene throughout the morning.