At 3:15 on Sunday, San Luis Obispo Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out at Villa Automotive in San Luis Obispo.
The automatic sprinkler system and firefighters confined the fire to the attic area before it could further damage the automotive repair shop, putting it out within 15 minutes of their arrival.
Fire officials say the fire was caused by an employee sweating copper pipe, where slag fell into the wall area and pushed the fire into the attic.
Structural damage is estimated to be around $2,000.
No one was injured.