A laundromat near Goleta had to be evacuated after a clothes dryer caught fire.
It happened at the Turnpike Coin Laundry around 10 a.m. near Hollister Avenue.
A dryer with clothes in it caught fire and damaged the machine and the washer above it.
“Whatever was in that dryer burned up. Firefighters removed all that material, put the fire out and now we’re just checking for extension,” said Capt. David Sadecki, with the Santa Barbara County Fire Department.
Destroyed clothes were put outside in the parking lot as fire crews cleaned up.
The laundromat is in a building with other businesses but they were not effected.
No one was hurt.Slideshow: Laundromat Fire Near Goleta