The largest broadcast news team between Los Angeles and San Francisco has an amazing opportunity for a passionate digital journalist who wants to move into a hands-on supervisorial role. The Director of Digital Content reports directly to the News Director and is responsible for the creation and oversight of content for the stations’ web site, mobile platforms and social media.
This position is meant for a journalist with a passion for story creation, accuracy, fairness and integrity. The successful candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate strong journalistic skills (sharp writing, editing, strong ethics) along with a knack for the workflow and time requirements unique to digital content generation. You must be a quick learner, a self-starter, with a thoughtful approach to social media and a strong desire to write and edit high quality content for online platforms each and every day.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
– High level understanding of HTML and CSS
– Experience in Content Management Systems such as iBPublish 2, World Now, WordPress, Joomla
– Proven track record in managing multiple high traffic social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, etc.) with strategic and mature approaches to publishing and engagement
– Proven track record of developing dynamic, high-traffic websites
– Experience in developing and growth of mobile websites and apps
– Training, oversight and coaching for a newsroom full of content generators
– Able to work independently and quickly in a fast-paced extreme deadline environment
– Experience with newsroom systems (ENPS strongly preferred)
– Experience analyzing Google Analytics statistics and reports
– Advanced understanding and regular use of SEO techniques and strategies
– Experience with digital content generation including writing, editing, still and video editing,
– Experience managing email and text alert systems
Skills that are very helpful for success in this position include:
– Ability to create and edit content in Photoshop
– Proficiency in Illustrator
– Experience with live streaming devices
– Experience in print/online/logo design
– Experience using Google Earth Pro
– Experience in Photography/Videography
The job is significant. So are the rewards, working with a dedicated and accomplished news team. The DCD will be based in the Santa Barbara newsroom and is a supervisorial/salaried position.
If you know you’re ready, we want to see your materials ASAP. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org