A community building in Los Olivos has reopened after a fire burned it to the ground last year.
Last September, The Grange community center was destroyed in a fire.
The center has now reopened after raising more than $40,000.
Building insurance covered part of the rebuild, but not everything.
Funds raised by the community went toward a new commercial kitchen, air conditioning and plumbing upgrades.
The building is a public non-religious, non-political space that can be rented to anyone.
Volunteers who work at The Grange hope the remodel will bring in more people to the new space.
The Grange director Shannon Casey said, “We want more people to use it, and that’s why we spent so much time and effort rebuilding. But also, the community really came together and contributed, and we couldn’t have done it without them.”
Casey said they’ve already had more inquires for the space since installing the air conditioning this summer.