Skip to Content

Bedroom Fire Forces A Couple To Spend Christmas In A Motel

A structure fire in Summerland forced a couple to spend their Christmas Day in a motel.

Calls came into the Carpinteria-Summerland fire station around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday for a home on fire on the 2200 block of Varley Street.

Neighbors said they saw smoke coming from inside the home. A neighbor saw the smoke, called 911, and rescued their pets.

“My neighbor said he pushed the doors open and two snouts came out because the house was full of smoke. He then broke the glass and opened the door and got my two dogs out and brought them to safety. He is my hero,” said Suzie Moyhahan, who lives in the home.

The fire was caused by a faulty electrical wire that caught fire. Fire crews were able to put the fire out quickly, but it still destroyed the master bedroom as well as caused extensive smoke damage throughout the house.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content