Skip to Content

Santa Maria House Fire “Accidental”

An accidental house fire that broke out Sunday night in Santa Maria was linked to someone smoking, according to Fire Chief Dan Orr.

The flames broke out just after 9:00 p.m. on the 1400 block of Claremont Road.

It didn’t take long for the fire to engulf the family’s garage before jumping toward the house.

Luckily, the four residents made it out safety with their pets before firefighters arrived.

Crews made an aggressive stand inside the home and were able to protect the “living” portions of the house, but were not able to save the garage, which was destroyed.

“The house will be livable in a week or two because the way fire crews attacked the home, the living part was left intact.” said Orr.

Damage is estimated to be $100,000.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content