Skip to Content

Fire breaks out at a Santa Maria apartment complex

A fire broke out around 10:45 Monday night inside the Union Plaza apartment complex in Santa Maria. Firefighters investigated and found smoke in the hallway. Four engines, one ladder truck, and a Battalion Chief responded.

Crews evacuated residents and were able to locate the source of the smoke. It was caused by burnt food inside one of the units. Firefighters ventilated the 3rd floor and all occupants were allowed back into their rooms. Santa Maria Police Department, AMR, and SLO county fire units assisted.

There was no damage to the building, and no injuries.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content