Skip to Content

Electrical fire starts in school computer lab

A fire broke out in a computer lab at Santa Ynez High School Wednesday morning, forcing students and faculty to evacuate.

Students in a nearby classroom smelled smoke and told their teacher.

No one was in the lab when the teacher came in to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.

Students were already being evacuated, and the fire was extinguished when firefighters arrived on the scene.

A Santa Barbara County Fire spokesperson said the fire was caused by a power strip in the lab. No one was harmed during the incident.


Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content