Skip to Content

One person injured in gas ignition

A cook is recovering from injuries he got in an explosion inside the kitchen at a Santa Barbara pizzeria.

It happened at Giovanni’s on Coast Village Road around 10:30 Wednesday morning.

Fire fighters say the pilot light had gone out for the pizza oven. They believe gas had been leaking for some time.

When the cook went to re-light the pilot, pressure from the explosion knocked him to the ground.

He was taken to the hospital but is expected to be o.k.

The Gas Company checked out the restaurant and determined it was safe. Giovanni’s is back open for business.


Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content