SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, Calif. – Caltrans lifted the number two northbound Highway 101 lane closure from San Ysidro to Carrillo, which earlier caused bumper-to-bumper traffic in and around the area.
One lane closure was in place for bridge reparations from storm damage, the other for guardrail reparations from a vehicle collision.
The closures started at 11:42 a.m. on Wednesday, and bumper-to-bumper traffic was reported both on the Highway and side-roads such as Jameson Ln. and State Route 192.
California Highway Patrol reported the traffic build-up caused gridlock on the side streets around 1:00 p.m., according to the CHP incident report log.
Caltrans also has the following on and off-ramp closures in place (click here for the full map):
- Northbound off-ramp to Hermosilla Dr, expected to reopen at 2 p.m.
- Southbound on-ramp from Olive Mill Rd, expected to reopen on Feb. 22
- Northbound on-ramp from San Ysidro Rd, expected to reopen at 3:30 p.m.
- Northbound off-ramp to Olive Mill Rd, expected to reopen on Aug. 14
- Northbound off-ramp to Evans Ave, expected to reopen overnight on Jan. 26
- Northbound on-ramp from Evans Ave, expected to reopen Feb. 14
- Southbound off-ramp to Padaro Ln, expected to reopen Feb. 28
For Caltrans District 5 Twitter updates:Tweets by CaltransD5