The six candidates hoping to be the next mayor of Santa Barbara joined NewsChannel 3-12's Joe Buttitta for a virtual candidate forum.
Topics included housing, homelessness, the coronavirus pandemic, cost of living and the revitalization of downtown Santa Barbara.
The election will take place Nov. 2 and will be strictly a by-mail election. The deadline to register to vote has already passed.
The six candidates hoping to secure enough votes to be named mayor are:
- James Joyce III - Small business owner
- Matt Kilrain - Businessman
- Cathy Murillo - Mayor of Santa Barbara
- Randy Rowse - Downtown business owner
- Debra Schwartz - City planning commissioner
- Mark Whitehurst - Publisher
Click the name of each candidate to learn more about their priorities, qualifications and plans if elected.
You can find more information about November's election by visiting our online 2021 Voter Guide.
Replays of the candidate forum can also be watched on the NOW Channel throughout next week. For TV listings, click here.