Skip to Content
Fire

Small fire breaks out off South Main Street near Templeton High School

fire generic

TEMPLETON, Calif. - Templeton firefighters responded to a small fire that broke out off South Main Street just in front of Templeton High School Saturday afternoon.

The fire was called in around 3:17 p.m.

CAL FIRE planned to assist Templeton firefighters, however, when the fire was determined to be small, CAL FIRE canceled their response.

A Chief with the Templeton Fire Department said the fire was probably caused by a firework that was set off in the area.

As a reminder, while fireworks are allowed to be used in Templeton on the Fourth of July, they should only be detonated in safe areas away from dry brush and buildings.

San Luis Obispo County
Author Profile Photo

Jessica Brest

Jessica Brest is a digital journalist and assignment editor for NewsChannel 3-12. To learn more about Jessica, click here.

Skip to content