Due to a large influx of school cancellations and schedule changes, this article will no longer be updated. Please contact your school for updates.
Schools and universities throughout the Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties have announced they are closing down, moving to online-only classes and making other changes as the coronavirus continues to spread.
These changes are being made in an attempt to protect students, faculty and staff from spreading or contracting the virus.
Santa Barbara County:
- ALL K-12 SCHOOLS IN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY CANCELED THROUGH MARCH
- Santa Barbara Unified is closed through the end of the school year. Graduation ceremonies are also canceled.
- UC Santa Barbara transitioned to all-online classes for the remainder of Winter Quarter and entire spring quarter
- Westmont College is moving to all-online classes for the entire spring semester
- Antioch University Santa Barbara will move to all-online classes
- Crane Country Day School is moving to all-online classes beginning March 16.
- Santa Barbara City College is moving some classes online. Non-essential public gatherings and events are canceled.
- Providence School will be moving to online courses.
- The Department of Catholic School of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles is closing all Catholic Schools starting March 17. This includes Bishop Garcia Diego High School in Santa Barbara and St. Joseph High School in Orcutt.
- Laguna Blanca School students will return to campus on April 6 until further notice. In that time students will continue remote learning.
- The Cuyama Joint Unified School District is closing schools by March 18.
- Santa Barbara Middle School is moving to all-online classes starting March 16.
- Allan Hancock College will begin virtual classes starting March 30
- ALL VENTURA COUNTY K-12 SCHOOLS CLOSE , hope to reopen Monday May 4.
- The Ventura County Community College District said Moorpark College, Oxnard College, Ventura College and Ventura College – East Campus will be open until March 20.
- Cal State University Channel Islands canceled classes March 16-19. The school will transition to virtual instruction beginning March 20 through the end of the spring semester
San Luis Obispo County:
- MOST SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY SCHOOLS PLANNING CLOSURES
- Cal Poly is extending spring break by another week. Spring quarter is expected to begin April 6. Winter Quarter finals will be offered online. All of Spring Quarter will also be offered online for the entire quarter.
- SLO County K-12 schools are cancelling events and gatherings
- San Luis Coastal Unified will close all campuses and suspend all school-related activities
- The Atascadero Unified School District is closing schools beginning March 16.
- The Lucia Mar School District is closing all schools beginning March 16 as well as canceling all school district-sponsored events and travel.
- Paso Robles Unified School District remains closed until at least May 4. This includes all extracurricular activities.
- Cuesta College will suspend classes from March 16 -18 and will move classes online beginning March 19.
This article will be updated periodically with the latest information.
If you know of a school closure, please let us know.