Skip to Content

Microwave sparks kitchen fire at Lompoc home

A structure fire caused damage to a single family home in Lompoc Sunday afternoon.

The fire broke out at 61 Galaxy Way in Vandenberg Village at around 4:30 p.m.

Santa Barbara County Fire Captain Dave Zaniboni said the fire originated in a microwave and then spread to the kitchen cabinets and the attic.

Two county fire engines, one Lompoc City Fire engine and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly and contain the majority of the damage to the kitchen and a small portion of the attic.

One woman was in the home when the fire started. She was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but was not taken to the hospital.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content