Ventura police and firefighters blamed a drug lag for a kitchen fire on Friday.
Firefighters said the explosion appears to have come from a marijuana honey oil lab.
That’s the name for a lab that makes hash out of marijuana and other ingredients.
Battalion Chief Douglas Miser said it happened in a second floor apartment on the 300 block of Hurst St. around 2 p.m.
Fire crews had the flames out within minutes.
Officers found four people inside the apartment, one complained of minor breathing problems.
The blast was due to the ignition of butane.
There were no immediate reports of arrests.
Damage is estimated to be under $10,000.
No other apartments were damaged.