Skip to Content

Orcutt house fire displaces elderly couple on Halloween

An elderly couple is displaced on Halloween following an attic fire at their Orcutt home.

The fire broke out at about 6 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of Onyx Court.

Fire crews from the Santa Barbara County Fire Department and Santa Maria Fire Department were able to quickly put out the fire.

Extensive mop-up work was needed to fully extinguish the fire, according to Santa Barbara County Fire Capt. Dave Zaniboni. No injuries were reported.

The elderly couple was outside the home when firefighters arrived. The American Red Cross is assisting them tonight.

Capt. Zaniboni says the cause of the fire was a light fixture in the home. The estimated amount of damages is unknown at this time.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content