Firefighters saved a Santa Barbara home from flames that erupted from a bag of ashes left in a garden.
The fire broke out this morning on El Prado Place (near Oak Park.) The homeowner said he thought the ashes from a weekend fire in his fireplace were cold when he placed them there.
There was an apparent hot ember inside and that’s what investigators believe started the shrubs on fire. Flames came very close to the home but there was no significant damage.
Santa Barbara County and City firefighters were on the scene to stop the fire and protect the structure.
No one was hurt.