Skip to Content

Fireplace ashes start shrub fire in Santa Barbara

Firefighters saved a Santa Barbara home from flames that erupted from a bag of ashes left in a garden.

The fire broke out this morning on El Prado Place (near Oak Park.) The homeowner said he thought the ashes from a weekend fire in his fireplace were cold when he placed them there.

There was an apparent hot ember inside and that’s what investigators believe started the shrubs on fire. Flames came very close to the home but there was no significant damage.

Santa Barbara County and City firefighters were on the scene to stop the fire and protect the structure.

No one was hurt.


Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Channel 3-12

Email the News Channel 3-12 Team


News Channel 3-12 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content