CENTRAL COAST, Calif. - A Central Coast-wide Blue Lives Matter rally took place on overpasses from Santa Maria up to Paso Robles Saturday morning.
The rallies started around 10 a.m. and lasted until early afternoon. The event was dubbed the "Back the Blue Overpass Salute."
Dozens of people gathered at each location, waving thin blue line flags, American flags and some President Trump flags for oncoming cars. Banners were also hung from some of the overpasses.
Parents, children and even pets joined in the rallies which took place at the following locations:
- Stowell Road Overpass in Santa Maria
- Tefft Street Overpass in Nipomo
- Oak Park Overpass in Arroyo Grande
- Madonna Road Overpass in San Luis Obispo
- Santa Rosa Road Overpass in San Luis Obispo
- Santa Rosa Road Overpass in Atascadero
- Vineyard Overpass in Templeton
- Niblick Bridge in Paso Robles
- 13th Street Bridge in Paso Robles
Blue Lives Matter is a movement in support of local and nationwide law enforcement personnel.
These rallies come as protests continue across the country calling for the defunding and dismantling of police. The protests are in response to multiple officer-involved shootings that have left some Black individuals seriously injured or dead in recent months.