Candidate for Mayor of Grover Beach
|Why are you running for office?:||I am running for re-election to continue serving as the Mayor of Grover Beach and it has been an honor and a privilege. We have completed many projects, started others and I look forward to continuing what we’ve started…together.|
For me, being Mayor is about providing opportunities – for families, for businesses and for visitors – to live, work and play in our great city.
|What makes you qualified for the job?:||I was originally elected to the City Council in 2012, re-elected in 2016 and elected Mayor in 2018.|
|What are your two main priorities if you win?:||My vision and priorities for our City are based upon our conversations and what I hear from you. I have been listening to people and heard that, together, our priorities include:|
• Continuing to fix our streets by implementing the Measure K-14 Street Bond.
• Leading economic recovery efforts and business retention as the City and the region recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic
|How will you interact with other governments?:||I have represented the City as a board member on a number of local, regional and state boards. I look forward to continue to work collaboratively and regionally to solve problems and overcome obstacles.|
Some of the boards/committees and agencies include:
• the Five Cities Fire Authority
• the South SLO County Sanitation District.
• the Integrated Waste Management Authority
• the Zone 3 Water Advisory Committee,
• the Central Coast Community Energy
• the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments
• the League of CA Cities Transportation, Communication and Public Works committee
|What are your plans to help overcome COVID-19?:||While serving as Mayor, the City of Grover Beach developed a microgrant program that has given out approximately $250,000 to 40 businesses. These funds have been utilized to assist local businesses to bridge rent payments, payroll, supplies and other needed business necessities. We have also partnered with the local Boys & Girls Club and the YMCA to provide scholarships to Grover Beach children to participate in school learning programs. I would look to continue these programs and provide creative solutions for businesses and families as we recovery from the pandemic.|
|Which two issues are most important to you?:||In addition to COVID-19 recovery efforts:|
• Continuing to fix our streets by implementing the Measure K-14 Street Bond. Since 2014, we have completed almost 50% of our residential streets but we have much more to complete.
• Ensuring, maintaining and improving public safety and emergency services by our local Police Department and the Five Cities Fire Authority